We successfully wrapped up principle photography the previous day, which freed up the next for getting b‑roll footage. This was also the day we had to make the 12 hour drive back to London, and after all was said and done, this journey began at 4pm.
It was just me and Mike on the way back, sharing more and more ourselves, as we discovered that exhaustion makes the best interrogation tool. We kept each other awake for the entire drive, though I started hallucinating by the last hour. By the end, I think we knew each other better than some of our own friends.
One day bled into the next as we arrived back in London at 4:30 in the morning. I had a train to catch in a few hours that would be the start of m trip back to Chartres, but not before waking up to a kitty on my pillow and a proper British breakfast.
Europe 2010 travel diaries
- France: Arrival
- France: Day 3, Chartres
- The Partisan
- France: Day 5, Chartres
- Baby Scary Party
- France: Day 6, Paris
- Call me McNgangus
- France: Day 7, Rochefort-en-Terre
- France: Day 8, La Roche-Bernard
- France: Day 9, Rochefort-en-Terre
- UK Detour: Day 10, Chartres to London
- UK Detour: Day 11, London
- A passenger in London
- UK Detour: Day 12, London
- UK Detour: Day 13, London to Ullapool
- UK Detour: Day 14, Ullapool
- UK Detour: Day 15, Ullapool
- UK Detour: Day 16, Ullapool
- France: Day 18, Paris
- France: Day 19, Chartres + Paris