Exactly one year ago today, I was doing this. Even though the annual party at Chris and Clarmen’s actually starts on the 25th, I really see it as a boxing day party, the way a New Year’s party really starts on the 31st of December.
That night we used the excuse of going to Timmies for all the parents as a way out of the house to have a session. Unfortunately, this meant remembering about a dozen drink orders, something that proves difficult under the influence.
In chronological order:
- We met up at the house, where Darren’s fingers brave the turtles
- A session occurred outside, and on the way to Timmies we introduced Chris to Dreamtheater (hence the music selection)
- An order is made for about a dozen drinks with great difficulty
- We drove back to play Slap Hand, which is a variation on Slap Jack, except the pile is hit every time the correct number is called (and for increased difficulty we played with +/- rules where the pile is only hit if the number spoken is an addition or subtraction of a different specified number)
- Darren randomly deals everyone a hand of hold ‘em and plays it through, and this causes me to make fun of his obvious addiction
- Darren precisely deals a full hand of 13 cards for a game of Asshole, while talking, for which I count my cards in disbelief and finally realize just how much he plays cards
Other signs of how stoned we were:
- Darren and Chris’s voices drop an octave, while my voice raises two (two!)
- I can’t keep my jittery hands under control
- The way Chris says, “Just awesome guys. Awesome.”
- At one point we have to stop to count to the right number in Slap Hand
- I laugh, a lot
This year, today, Lam joined us instead since Darren is off in Las Vegas.